Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Market Day Recount

WALT: write and interesting and detailed recount.

Team Four’s Market day was amazing! Team four had a Market Day on the eleventh of September which was part of our term topic;, Trade & Enterprise. We talked to our partner/group to decide if we were selling or buying first at the Market. We had been preparing all term for this very day.

Weeks before our market day Team Four were split up into six different business groups. Kitchen, Jewellery, Toys, Music, Homeware and Custom Stationery smaller groups were formed so that we could decide what our groups were going to make. My group decided to make loom band bracelets and keyrings to sell at the market.

The whole of Team Four were split up evenly into the year six block and the year five block and also on our porch area. So when we had to set up the groups that were in the year six block were Homeware, Custom Stationery and Music. In the year five block the other team had to set up their stores. Which was Toys and Jewellery. The Kitchen group was split up onto the porch so that we weren’t all crowded into these small classroom blocks.

Not more than one minute before the market had opened in our small groups we had the choice of selling first or buying. The first two people who started selling was me and my partner Revival. We had first started of with very few customers but as we looked around we could see what other groups were doing to get their attention. So we did the same. We were given pieces of big paper to design their own posters which were hung around our areas to get customers attention. Than we noticed more people wanting to buy from our store. Our products loom bands we only sold for under 2pt which is exact to 4 New Zealand dollars that is another reason why I think customers kept coming to our store. If you don’t know what Pt’s are they are our made up currency called Pt’s and pieces. Back to the story sooner or later we noticed that all our products we're running out. Finally my time for selling was over. We had to change over to our other partners and it was time for SHOPPING!

While shopping for products I could just sense a sensational smell of freshly fried crispy chips. sizzling away in a oil filled frying pan from the kitchen group. Every person that walked past me that was holding chips just making my mouth completely water. I managed to get a taste of one chip and WOW and amazing taste had just struck me. That was enough I had to get away from that smell otherwise well I would had just exploded with tears begging for more. As I walked into the year six block I spotted the Homeware group looking around I had remembered that I had ordered a candle. Unfortunately my candle had not been made and so I had to order another candle or not order at all. Looking all around I just couldn’t choose what to buy it was simply to hard. So I decided to go back to the store to see how my other team mates were doing.

Overall I think that the market went really well for my group we had sold all of our products and made nearly 70pt from the market. Me and my group were really happy. I would have to say that my favourite store was Kitchen because they had made some amazing and delicious things.

Recount Writing

1
2
3
4
Write for my reader
I've tried to think about my reader
My writing shows some awareness of reader because my writing is quite clear and I have tried to interest my reader.
My writing is easy to understand and I have tried to tell the reader what it was like to be there by giving details and my thoughts.
My writing really considers audience as reader because I have kept their interest and made them feel like they know exactly what it was like for me.
Purpose
I tried to meet the purpose
My text goes some way towards meeting the purpose
The message is clear in some parts of the recount.
My text fully meets the purpose.
The message is clear all through the recount.
Introduction
My introduction does not yet clearly orientate or hook in my reader.
My introduction gets some buy in from audience and they can understand what I am going to write about.
My introduction hooks in my reader and it is clear what I am writing about.
My introduction wows my reader!
Paragraph Topics
My paragraphs are confused and don't follow my plan.
I have tried to follow my plan.
Most my paragraphs are about 1 big idea and I have added some detail.
My paragraphs have some complex as well as simple sentences. Post paragraphs give details about 1 big idea.
I have followed the paragraph topic in my plan.
My paragraphs have complex and simple sentences. Paragraphs all give details about 1 big idea.

TASK: Last Friday on the 11th of September the Team 4 block had a market day. Weeks ago we had a trade fair which had to do with our market and at the trade fair we only took orders so that they could make a decision and a  choice of a product that they wanted to order from the stores kitchen, toys, music, food, jewellery and home ware. So this is a recount from the actual market and it is about what we did while we were there and our experiences. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.